PAOK vs. PAS Giannina: Facts & Figures
Ahead of PAOK’s Super League Interwetten contest against PAS Giannina, paokfc.gr puts you in the picture about the background to the match, as well as a look back at our previous encounters against the Epirus club.
- 5 – the number of consecutive wins PAOK have recorded against PAS Giannina since winning 1-0
- (31’ Leovac) away at Zosimades on January 23 2017. The next two wins came in the 2017-18 season – with the first a 1-0 home success (55’ Prijovic) and the second a 3-1 victory in Ioannina (71’ Konte – 9’ Pelkas, 39’ 44’ Prijovic). In the 2018-19 season goals from Akpom and Shakhov sealed the most recent match between the two sides at Zosimades.
- As the home team, PAOK have played host to PAS 25 times. PAOK have recorded 17 wins, while PAS have claimed four victories, while they have been four draws.
- 3 successive matches have ended in a 1-0 scoreline, with PAS’s 1-0 win over PAOK at the Toumba on January 8 2017 the last time they left Thessaloniki with three points.
- PAOK is chasing a 6th win in a row against PAS, which would represent it’s best winning streak against the Epirus club. The previous best was in the 1985-86 season until 2000-01 when PAOK chalked up five wins in a row.
- PAOK went 5 games unbeaten against PAS until the 2014-15 when PAS ended that series of matches with a 3-0 win over PAOK on December 18 2014. PAOK also lost 3-1 in Ioannina in the 2015-16 campaign on August 30 2015.
- PAOK’s top scorers against PAS are Guerino, Athanasiadis and Prijovic with three goals apiece. Dimitris Salpingidis has scored twice against the Epirus club in PAOK colors, along with namesake Dimitris Pelkas.