PAOK vs. AEK: Facts & Figures
Ahead of PAOK’s Super League Interwetten derby showdown with AEK, paokfc.gr puts you in the picture about the background to the match, as well as a look back at our previous encounters against the Kitrinomavri.
- 30 – the number of victories PAOK has recorded in 66 matches in home matches against ΑΕΚ in the top flight.
- The last two matches between the two clubs, irrespective of venue, ended in a draw, while ΑΕΚ claimed a victory in their last visit to Thessaloniki during the Play Offs. That is PAOK’s only defeat by ΑΕΚ in their last nine meetings home or away. There have been four wins for PAOK and four draws.
- The first successive matches took place in 1959-60 and came to an end in the 2012-13 season when ΑΕΚ was relegated. Until then, along with Panathinaikos and Olympiacos, PAOK were among then only teams who have remained in the top flight for their entire history from October 1959
- 10 – victories with a 2-1 scoreline have been recorded by PAOK against ΑΕΚ. Next it’s 1-0, a scoreline which had appeared nine times. Apart from those 21 wins with a difference of one goal (twice via 3-2 scorelines) there are also larger margins of success, with the 5-0 win in the 1982-83 season being the largest.
- Vasilis Vasilakakos is the only player οwho has scored at the Toumba for both clubs. He did it three times in a PAOK shirt and once with ΑΕΚ.
- 3 – number of players who are among the top scorers for PAOK with four goals in games against AEK in Thessaloniki. Christos Dimopoulos in the 1982-83 season, a player who enjoyed a great record against ΑΕΚ in both the league and the Greek Cup leads the way. Indeed, a hat-trick and another strike in the 1984-85 season make him the leading scorer in home matches against AEK, along with Stavros Sarafis and Neto Guerino. From their side, ΑΕΚ’s top scorers are Blanco and Nestoridis, both of whom hit the net four times in matches against PAOK in Thessaloniki.