Olympiacos vs. PAOK: Facts & Figures
Ahead of PAOK’s Super League Interwetten Matchday 19 derby showdown with Olympiacos, paokfc.gr puts you in the picture about the background to the match, as well as a look back at our previous encounters against the Erythrolefki.
- 3 – number of successive league matches PAOK have gone unbeaten at Olympiacos, with the last win for the home side over the Double-headed Eagle coming on October 22 2017. The Erythrolefki won 2-0 on June 24 2020 in the Greek Cup and progressed to the final.
- In the Greek top flight, PAOK have faced Olympiacos 63 times away from home. The results tally shows 11 wins, 8 draws and 44 defeats
- On April 6, 1960, PAOK faced Olympiacos for the first time in the top flight and recorded a 2-1 victory thanks to goals from Leandro Symeonidis (38′), and Giorgos Havanidis (42′). Olympiacos had taken the lead through Kostas Polychroniou (31′). PAOK also went unbeaten on their first three visits to the Georgios Karaiskakis Stadium, getting a 1-1 draw (49’ Ifantis – 89’ Vasiliadis) in the second match.
- On January 4 1976, PAOK recorded one of the club’s most famous victories on the road to winning the championship, beating Olympiacos 4-0 at the Georgios Karaiskakis Stadium (24′ Terzanidis, 56′, 63′ Koudas, 78′ Guerinho).
- Pantelis Kafes is the only player to have scored a hat-trick for PAOK against Olympiacos, and that feat came on February 23, 2003 in a 4-3 loss at the Giorgos Kamaras Stadium in Rizopouli.
- 17 – the number of matches Olympiacos went unbeaten at the then newly renovated Georgios Karaiskakis Stadium (15 wins – 2 draws) until PAOK’s second visit there on October 16 2005. Two goals from Pantelis Konstantinidis cancelled out a Yaya Toure free-kick as PAOK won 2-1 to break the home side’s unbeaten record.
- Giorgos Koudos is the top away scorer with three goals in matches against Olympiacos in Pireaus, and four more strikes in matches when PAOK were the home side. Overall, both home and away, he is the top scorer along with Afentoulidis and Skartados, while Sarafis is next with six goals.