Lincoln vs. PAOK: Facts & Figures
Ahead of PAOK’s UEFA Europa Conference League Matchday 1 clash with Lincoln, paokfc.gr puts you in the picture about the background to the match.
- Gibraltar is the 35th country that PAOK is traveling to to play in UEFA European competitions, and this is the team’s first foray into the new Conference League following the recent summer qualifiers.
- So far, PAOK have played four matches in the qualifiers and the record reads: two wins, one draw and one defeat. Five different players have scored, while there has also been one own goal following Galesic’s strike in the PAOK-Rijeka match that ended in a 1-1 draw.
- This match will be the 205th in European competitions for PAOK, with the club’s record showing 73 wins, 57 draws and 74 defeats, with a goal ratio of 291-285 (for-against).
- Dimitris Salpingidis remains the top appearances holder in UEFA competitions for PAOK, with 60 games, followed by Stefanos Athanasiadis with 53. Third on the list and part of teh current squad is Fernando Varela with 42 games, while Diego Biseswar needs three more matches to enter into the top ten of all time and oust Leo Matos, who has 30 games to his name.
- Most of the goals for PAOK in Europe have come from the boots (and head) of Stefanos Athanasiadis, who has 20, followed by Dimitris Salpingidis with 14. Third is Robert Mak with 11, while Andelino Vieirinha, who is part of the current squad, is in fifth place with eight goals.