PAOK vs. Aris: Facts & Figures
Ahead of PAOK’s Super League Interwetten local derby clash with Aris, paokfc.gr puts you in the picture about the background to the match, as well as a look back at our previous encounters against the Kitrinomavri.
- 60 – the number of mathes played between PAOK and Aris with the Double-headed Eagle as the home team since 1959-60. PAOK have won 32 times, there have been 18 draws, while Aris have claimed 9 victories
- PAOK lead the way in total matches between the two clubs in all competitions home and away, with 47 wins, 42 draws, and 30 wins for Aris.
- 2 – the number of consecutive draws that have been recorded in the last two matches between the two teams with PAOK as the home side in the league. There have also been two games in between for the Play Offs, with the first ending in a draw (0-0) and the last with a 2-0 victory for PAOK (69′ Schwab , 90′ A. Zivkovic).
- Aris’ last victory at the Toumba was on October 3, 2010 by a 1-0 scoreline (76′ Javito) and since then, in eight matches played in the league, PAOK have won three times, and there have been five draws with the total score being 14-7.
- 2-0 is PAOK’s favorite scoreline in matches between the two teams, with that result appearing 10 times. The next most popular score is 1-0 with eight appearances, while there have also been two 4-1 wins, in 2009 and 2012.
- On February 16 1975, PAOK recorded its biggest win over Aris when they won 5-0. The gtoals came from Paridis (23’), Koudas (28’, 52’), Tsiligridis (66’), Sarafis (87’), and that triumphant win saw Branko Stankovic lose his job as Aris head coach.
- Giorgos Koudas has scored five goals in derbies against Aris both home and away. The first came on February 27 1966 at Aris, when he had reduced the deficit to 2-1 in the 42nd minute of a match which PAOK ended up losing 5-1. After that match he scored another four times against Aris and he is the joint-leading all-time scorer along with Giorgos Skartados.