Ionikos vs. PAOK: Facts & Figures
Let paokfc.gr set the scene for you ahead of the Super League Interwetten clash against Ionikos in Nikaia. Before the big kick-off, read through some interesting background facts and stats, as well as the history of our previous clashes with the Athens club.
- The last time the two teams met was in the 2006-07 season. PAOK was coached by Giorgos Paraschos and came away from the Neapoli Stadium with a 2-0 victory (12′, 71′ Mięciel). It was the final season in Thodoris Zagorakis’ playing career, the PAOK captain in that match.
- Ionikos were out of the top division for 14 seasons and that is also the gap in their matches against PAOK, since the two teams have never met in the Greek Cup.
- In total, with Ionikos as the home side, there have been 16 matches between the two teams, with the Nikaia club recording six victories, PAOK five and there have been five draws.
- PAOK have not conceded a goal in all five victories their have recorded in Attica against Ionikos, with three wins being via a 2-0 scoreline and two 1-0 victories.
- There was one goalless draw on November 19 1995, which was the first between the two teams. There were three more draws via 1-1 scorelines and one witha 2-2 result.
- Ionikos has six victories, half of which they did not concede a goal against PAOK. Their biggest victory was a 4-0 win in the 2002-03 season with Jacek Gmoch in the Ionikos dugout and Angelos Anastasiadis opposite him for PAOK.
- PAOK has scored 18 goals in away matches against Ionikos. The first came from Michalis Leontiadis on December 17, 1989 in the first ever meeting between the two teams, with Giorgos Skartados adding a second to make the final score 2-0 in favor of the Double-headed Eagle.
- 2 – number of goals scored by one player in a match between the side was a feat achieved by Kostas Frantzeskos in the 1997-98 season and Mięciel in the last game played between the two teams. Only Pantelis Kafes has managed to score in two different away matches against Ionikos.