PAOK vs. OFI: Facts & Figures
Ahead of PAOK’s Matchday 5 Super League contest against OFI at the Toumba, paokfc.gr puts you in the picture about the background to the match, as well as a look back at our previous encounters against the Cretans from Heraklion.
- PAOK have built an excellent tradition against OFI, since in the last 10 matches between them irrespective of venue, they have nine wins and one draw. If one adds the two matches they have played for the Greek Cup, this streak is 12 matches with a tally of 11 wins and one draw.
- OFI’s last victory over PAOK was on February 4, 2015, when they beat PAOK 3-1 in Crete under coach Nikos Anastopoulos, while Angelos Anastasiadis was in the Double-headed Eagle dugout. The goals for the Cretans were scored by George, Lambropoulos and Koutsianikoulis, while for PAOK it was Dimitris Papadopoulos who reduced the deficit to 2-1.
- Since then, there have been five matches with OFI as the home team in the league and PAOK has four wins and a draw there.
- A total of 45 matches have been played between the two teams at OFI’s home ground, and PAOK have recorded 10 wins, the Cretan team 22 wins, and 13 of them have ended in draws.
- The first time the two teams met in their history was in the 1968-69 season, when OFI made their debut in the Greek top flight. Then, the first match took place at the Toumba with PAOK winning 4-1 (33′, 36′ Koudas, 44′ Aslanidis, 89′ Lazos – 60′ Karakyriakos). In Heraklion, the game ended in a 1-1 draw (75′ Papoutsakis – 89′ Mitrakas).
- In the 2019-20 season the two clubs met six times, the most that two teams can meet in all competitions. There were the two league matches in the regular season, the two in the Play Offs, and the Greek Cup draw paired them together in a two-legged tie
- In these six encounters, PAOK came away victorious from five, while there was also a draw in the last match between the two teams in the Play Offs in Crete with a 2-2 scoreline. The aggregate score from those six matches reached 17-4, with Akpom scoring four of those goals.