OFI vs. PAOK: Facts & Figures
Ahead of PAOK’s Super Leage Interwetten Macthday 5 clash against OFI in Heraklion, paokfc.gr puts you in the picture about the background to the match, as well as a look back at our previous encounters against the Cretans.
- PAOK have chalked up 10 consecutive matches without defeat against OFI, regardless of the competition or venue. In fact, in six of those games, PAOK have not conceded a single goal to the club from Heraklion, and this streak finally ended in the Play Offs during the 2019-20 season with a 2-2 draw in Crete.
- Last season, PAOK won 3-0 both at the Toumba and away from home. El Kaddouri (1) and Swiderski (2) were the goalscorers in Thessaloniki, while in Crete, strikes from Tzolis, Varela and Krmencik did the damage, with OFI reduced to 10 players from the 26th minute after their goalkeeper Waterman was sent off.
- In the 2019-20 season the two clubs met six times, the most that two teams could possibly do in all competitions. There were the two league games in the regular season, twice in the Play Offs, and two matches in the Greek Cup.
- In those six matches PAOK won five, while there was a 2-2 draw in their last meeting in Crete. The overall goals tally was 17-4, with Akpom scoring four of those goals.
- The two teams have met a total of 88 times in the top flight, with PAOK having 45 victories, 20 games ending in a draw, and OFI prevailing in 23.
- Despite PAOK’s recent dominance in Crete, OFI are the side with the most victories on Cretan soil. In 44 matches that OFI have welcomed PAOK to the Yedi Kule, the home side have 22 victories, PAOK 9 victories, and 13 matches have ended in a draw.
- PAOK’s last defeat there was on February 4, 2015 by a 3-1 scoreline (11′ George, 34′ Lambropoulos, 82′ Koutsianikoulis – 52′ Papadopoulos). The PAOK coach at that time was Angelos Anastasiadis, while Nikos Anastopoulos was in the OFI dugout.
- The first time the two teams met in history was in the 1968-69 season, when OFI made its debut in the top flight. That first match took place at the Toumba with PAOK prevailing 4-1 (33′, 36′ Koudas, 44′ Aslanidis, 89′ Lazos – 60′ Karakiriakos). In Heraklion the game ended in a draw 1-1 (75′ Papoutsakis – 89′ Mitrakas).