PAOK FC club statement about the New Toumba
Today’s publication of the Presidential Decree in the government’s Official Gazette finally establishes all the necessary conditions for PAOK to build a state-of-the-art stadium and the city of Thessaloniki to benefit from an impressive urban regeneration, with multiple social, economic, environmental, and tourism benefits, and marks a historic moment for the club.
The New Toumba will be an emblematic project for Thessaloniki and of course for PAOK, and it will mark the harmonization of the infrastructure of sports facilities with the most modern needs for safety, accessibility, respect for the environment, and the adoption of new technologies. This is our vision, which has been entirely accepted by opinions and approval committees, and boards, with no significant objections. The acceptance of our proposal without any changes, proves what we had believed in from the beginning, that the New Toumba is not only a need of our team, but also of the city.
With the issuance of the Presidential Decree, the next phase of the project begins immediately, which includes the start of studies that will ensure the necessary construction permits. The configuration studies – the location of all the necessary facilities and all the accompanying studies will be completed.
- Commencement of the preparation of a final study of the stadium as well as the masterplan, for the determination of the necessary interventions in public spaces (underground works, etc.) with the final data of the PD.
- Establishment of a Special Purpose Company, for the implementation and operation of the stadium.
- Preparation, in cooperation with the Municipality, of the necessary actions for the implementation of the new road plan (preliminary actions for settlement and actuarial acts).
- Cooperation with the Municipality of Thessaloniki for the areas of its responsibility, for the renovation and operation of these facilities. The decisions will be reflected in the masterplan and will have to be approved by the Municipal Council.
- Drafting a memorandum of cooperation with the Ministry of Culture within 2 months for the handling of possible archaeological findings and test excavations in the surrounding area.
- Formation of a coordinating framework for cooperation of all involved (PAOK, Municipality of Thessaloniki, Regional authorities, and the competent services: DEPA, HEDNO, DEYATH, etc.) for the completion of the investment (design-construction-operation)
- All stages and actions, as we have done so far, will be announced transparently and on schedule. A creative and historical era begins for us that will lead to another conquest of our dreams.
Let’s get started!