PAOK vs. Atromitos: Facts & Figures
Ahead of PAOK’s Super League Interwetten Matchday 2 contest against Atromitos, paokfc.gr puts you in the picture about the background to the match, as well as a look back at our previous encounters against the Peristeri club.
- 19 – the number of times the two teams have met in the regular league season with PAOK as the home team, and the Double-headed Eagle has recorded 12 wins, while there have been three draws, and Atromitos have left the Toumba with maximum points four times. There have been four other matches between the two clubs during the Play Offs, with the Peristeri club winning three times vs. PAOK’s one victory.
- 4 out of PAOK’s 12 wins against Atromitos have come via a 2-1 scoreline, which is the most popular result. The next most frequent result is 1-0 and 2-0, both of which have happened twice, while there have also been two 5-1 wins and one 3-1 success. In the matches drawn, there have been three different scorelines (0-0 |1-1 | 2-2). Atromitos have won via four different scorelines: 0-1, 0-3, 1-2 and 3-4.
- 3 – the number of goals scored by Stavros Sarafis in home matches for PAOK in home games against Atromitos, two in the 1972-73 season and another in the following campaign. Apart from Sarafis, another player who has scored twice in the same match is Espinoza (1975-76) and Napoleoni (2011-12) in Play Offs matches. Dimitris Salpingidis also has two goals to his name (2005-06 and 2012-13). Another player who recently joined that list of players who have scored two against Atromitos is Ingi Ingason, who scored two goals in a 5-1 win at the Toumba last season.
- PAOK has won its last three successive league matches against Atromitos irrespective of the venue, while in the last eight meetings home and away between the two sides in the Super League, PAOK has won six times and there has been one draw.
- The Double-headed Eagle is starting the season with two home matches for the second season in a row. Last season PAOK started with victories over Panetolikos (2-1) and Panionios (2-1). In the third match, PAOK lost 3-2 away at Atromitos.