PAOK vs. Olympiacos: Facts & Figures
Ahead of PAOK’s Super League Interwetten derby showdown with Olympiacos, paokfc.gr puts you in the picture about the background to the match, as well as a look back at our previous encounters against the Erythrolefki.
- This is the 64th match between the two clubs with PAOK as the home side, with the first PAOK – Olympiacos encounter in the Greek top flight taking place on November 22 1959. Goals from Leandros Symeonidis and Lavrentios Katikaridis gave PAOK a 2-0 win on that day.
- PAOK have won 31 of the previous 63 games, while 15 have ended in a draw. Olympiacos have come out on top on 17 occasions. The two teams have met at the Toumba in the Greek Cup 10 times, with the Double-headed Eagle counting 7 wins, while there has been 1 draw and Olympiacos have emerged victorious twice.
- 6 goals have been scored by PAOK against Olympiacos on December 6 1987, at the Serres Municipal Stadium which remains the biggest loss suffered by the Erythrolefki in 61 years in the top division. Bannon (7’), Mavromatis (14’), Siggas (19’), Baniotis (42’) and Borbokis (74’, 88’) scored the goals for the Double-headed Eagle, while Tsalouchidis was on target for the Erythrolefki in the 49th minute.
- 6 goals have been scored by Giorgos Skartados against Olympiacos in home matches, and he is the top scorer for PAOK. Next with four goals are Koudas, Afentoulidis, Sarafis and Guerino.
- PAOK went 21 matches unbeaten in home matches against Olympiacos from January 3 1971 until May 24 1992. In that period, PAOK won 19 times, while two matches were drawn. The Double-headed Eagle lost 2-1 in September 1969 and it needed 23 years to suffer another at the Toumba, in May 1992.
- The most popular scoreline is 1-0, with 9 out of the 31 wins coming via that result. Next is 2-0, which has appeared six times, while there have been 5 wins via a 2-1 scoreline. Olympiacos has won 2-1 on five occasions. In terms of the draws, the most popular results are 0-0 and 1-1, both of which have appeared 7 times.