PAOK vs. Olympiacos: Facts & Figures
Ahead of PAOK’s Super League Interwetten Play Offs derby showdown with Olympiacos, paokfc.gr puts you in the picture about the background to the match, as well as a look back at our previous encounters against the Erythrolefki.
- PAOK faced Olympiacos for the first time in the Super Leagie Play Offs in the 2009-10 season and prevailed in both games. A 1-0 win at the Toumba came courtesy of a goal from Muslimovic, and then just three days later PAOK won 1-0 again at the «Georgios Karaiskakis» thanks to Ivic’s 33rd minute strike.
- Their second meeting was last season (2019-20) when the format changed and now all the top six teams participated. Olympiacos prevailed at the Toumba via a 1-0 (23′ El Arabi) scoreline, but it was the Double-headed Eagle who claimed victory at the Georgios Karaiskakis Stadium with a 1-0 win to end the home side’s unbeaten record thanks to Enea Mihaj’s goal.
- This will be PAOK’s 66th game in the Play Offs since the 2007-08 season that they were introduced. The club’s record is 28 wins, 15 draws and 24 losses.
- PAOK have scored 69 goals in these 66 matches, with the goal ratio being 68-57. The most in one season came in 2011 (11) and the least in 2015 (1).
- Dimitris Salpingidis has scored 9 goals in the colors of PAOK in Play Offs games, more than any other Double-headed Eagle player. Next on the list is Stefanos Athanasiadis with six goals.
- 3 – the number of times PAOK has managed to win first place in its nine participations in the competition. For the other ocassions, PAOK were always in the top four.
- In the Greek top flight, PAOK have faced Olympiacos 64 times as the home team and has recorded 31 wins, 16 draws and 17 defeats.