Asteras Tripolis vs. PAOK: Facts & Figures
Ahead of PAOK’s Matchday 2 Super League Interwetten clash against Asteras Tripolis at the Theodoros Kolokotronis stadium, paokfc.gr puts you in the picture about the background to the match, as well as a look back at our previous encounters against the Arcadians.
- PAOK have gone 3 matches without a win against Asteras Tripolis, with the last victory over the Arcadians coming at the Toumba on December 6, 2020 via a 2-0 (64′ Tzolis, 70′ A. Zivkovic) scoreline.
- This negative streak comprising of two defeats and a draw against the Arcadian club came after PAOK had gone on an unbeaten run of seven matches (six wins and one draw) in the Greek Championship and Cup, PAOK winning all five league matches.
- It is not the first time that Asteras Tripolis has proved to be a bad omen for PAOK, since there was also a series with eight games from February 16, 2014 to February 27, 2016 whereby the Arcadian team recorded five wins and three draws.
- In total, the two teams have met 18 times in the league with Asteras as the home team, and the hosts have prevailed in 10, while there have been three draws and five wins for PAOK.
- PAOK has scored 18 goals in Tripoli, with Koulouris being the only player to have scored twice in the same match, while Athanasiadis found the net in two different matches.
- Andrija Zivkovic has already scored two goals in five matches against Asteras, one at the Toumba and one in Arcadia.
- Swiderski has three goals in eight games against Tripolis and is the last player to score against them in the 1-1 draw during last year’s Play Offs.
- Three of PAOK’s five victories in Tripoli came via a 2-1 result, while the other two popular scores are 2-0 and 3-0. There is only one match without a goal in a 0-0 draw, while there have been two 1-1 draws. Asteras, for their part, have recorded four victories via a 1-0 scoreline.