PAOK vs. AEK: Facts & Figures
Ahead of PAOK’s Super League Interwetten derby against AEK, paokfc.gr puts you in the picture about the background to the match, as well as a look back at our previous encounters against the Kitrinomavri.
- PAOK have chalked up 7 consecutive games against AEK without defeat for all competitions. In fact, in the last four times that the Double-headed Eagle have met AEK, in the Super League Play Offs and the semi-finals of the Greek Cup, they have four consecutive victories.
- The last time AEK beat PAOK in any match was July 1, 2020 with 2-0 win at the Toumba in the Play Offs and it is the only one in a total of 14 matches between the two teams regardless of venue.
- PAOK already count six matches without defeat in the league against AEK home and away, and they have equaled the record of the period 1972 – 1975, when they completed six league matches with a record of three wins and three draws, while in between they had also prevailed 3 -1 and in a match for the Greek Cup.
- A total of 68 league matches have been played at the Toumba and PAOK count 31 victories, AEK 14 and there have been 14 draws.
- PAOK has 11 victories with a score of 2-1 against AEK, while there are also 10 with a 1-0 scoreline. Apart from these 23 victories with a difference of one goal (twice 3-2) there are also larger winning margins, with the 5-0 of the 1982-83 season being the biggest.
- Christos Dimopoulos scored 3 goals at the Toumba match in the 1982-83 season, and he enjoyed an excellent tradition against AEK in the league and the Greek Cup. In fact, this hat trick, and another goal in the 1984-85 season, keep him in the first place of top scorers in home matches against AEK, together with Stavros Sarafis and Neto Guerino with four goals in total. From AEK’S side, Blanco and Nestoridis have each scored four times against PAOK in matches that took place in Thessaloniki.
- Vassilis Vasilakos is the only player who has scored at the Toumba in a shirt of both sides. He managed it three times in the colors of PAOK and once with those of AEK.