Olympiacos vs. PAOK: Facts & Figures
Ahead of PAOK’s Super League Interwetten Play Offs Matchday 9 derby showdown with Olympiacos at the “Georgios Karaiskakis”, paokfc.gr puts you in the picture about the background to the match, as well as a look back at our previous encounters against the Erythrolefki.
- PAOK have faced Olympiacos 3 times in the Play Offs in Piraeus and have registered two wins and one defeat.
- One characteristic is that all of those matches ended 1-0.
- In total, the two clubs have played seven matches home and away in the Play Offs, with PAOK counting four victories and Olympiacos three, while there has been no draw in these matches.
- PAOK’s last victory, apart from the 2021 Greek Cup final, was in a Play Offs match on July 12, 2020, when they ended the home side’s hopes of completing the season undefeated thanks to Mihaj’s goal in added time.
- There was a trio of games with draws in all competitions, two of which were during PAOK’s successful progression to this year’s Greek Cup. The other was in the home match in the first half of the season with the result 1-1. Olympiacos prevailed 2-1 in the last match between the two teams at the Toumba in the Play Offs.
- A total of 66 matches have been played between the two clubs with Olympiacos as the home side in the league. The Red and Whites have recorded 47 wins, PAOK 11 wins, and there have been eight draws.
- For the second time in the season, PAOK comes into this game on the back of three consecutive defeats. The first such run ended with a 2-1 victory over Lamia on December 12, 2021. Back then PAOK had lost to Atromitos in Athens, Aris at the Toumba, and to Ionikos.
- The last time PAOK were without a win in 10 official matches in a row was in 1983-84, when from October 9, 1983, until December 11, 1983, PAOK failed to win, but instead had 10 draws in as many games.
- On the contrary, the best record in PAOK’s history is the 15 consecutive victories in all competitions in the 2017-18 season with Razvan Lucescu in charge.
- Another record is the 25-game run withe PAOK scoring in every game in the 2018-19 season, again with Razvan Lucescu in the dugout.