Lamia vs. PAOK: Facts & Figures
Ahead of PAOK’s Super League Matchday 20 clash against Lamia, paokfc.gr puts you in the picture about the background to the match, as well as a look back at our previous encounters against the Fthiotida club.
- 5 – the number of wins PAOK has recorded in matches against Lamia home and away, wins which have come with PAOK not conceing a single goal. Their first meeting in the Super League took place in the 2017-18 season, which was Lamia’s first ever match in the top flight.
- The overall score in matches between the two sides is 13-0 to PAOK. Dimitris Pelkas has scored in two matches between the two clubs. Aleksandar Prjovic netted twice in the same match against Lamia in their historic first top flight match on October 2017.
- Before those matches in the Super League, the teams had only met before in the Greek Cup when Lamia were in the lower divisions. Only one of the three meetings they had with Lamia as the home side an that was on February 20, 1985, in the season that PAOK also won the league title.
- In the third round of the Greek Cup, PAOK ran out comfortable 9-1 winners on aggregate, which included a 6-0 win at the Toumba. Lenta scored Lamia’s ony goal from the penalty spot in the first leg of the tie, while overall Vasilakakos (3), Mavromatis (2), Iordanidis (2), Papritsa, and Iosifidis scored for PAOK. Lamia plaγed with 10 men in the second leg from the 32nd minute after Kalenteroglou was sent off.
- The first match in history between the two sides took place on June 28, 1972, when Lamia became the first team from the second division to reach the semi-finals of the Greek Cup. PAOK won 2-0 at the Toumba thanks to goals from Sarafis (48’) and Apostolidis (56’).
- On February 6, 1985 the first leg of the Round of 16 tie in the Greek Cup took place, which PAOK won 6-0 at the Toumba in a match which saw Papritsa (2), Dimopoulos (2), Damanakis, and Iordanidis score the goals.