PAOK vs. Lamia: Facts & Figures
Ahead of PAOK’s Super League Interwetten Matchday 23 contest against Lamia, paokfc.gr puts you in the picture about the background to the match, as well as a look back at our previous encounters against the Ftiothida club.
- 7 – the number of wins in as many games that PAOK has recorded against Lamia in both home and away matches – also without conceding a goal. When the two teams met on February 10 in the Greek Cup, Lamia managed to score for the first time since February 1985. In that match, PAOK won 9-1 away in the Greek Cup. This time the score was 5-2 at the Toumba, while in the two previous match with PAOK as the home side ended in 2-0 and 6-0 wins for PAOK.
- The first time they met in the Super League was in the 2017-18 season, which was also Lamia’s first match in the top flight. The overall score in matches between the two clubs is 14-0, with PAOK’s goalscorers also plenty, with only Dimitris Pelkas scoring in two different games. Aleksandar Prijovic is the only player to have scored two goals in the same match against Lamia in their first match on October 15 2017.
- Before their matches in the Super League, the only other time they have met was in the Greek Cup when the clubs were in difference divisions. Only one of those three matches took place in Lamia and that was on February 20 1985, the season when title won the league title.
- In the 3rd round of the Greek Cup, PAOK won 9-1 having already won 6-0 at the Toumba in the first leg. Lenta scored Lamia’s only goal from the penalty spot, while Vasilakos (3), Mavromatis (2), Iordanidis (2) Papritsas, and Iosifidis for the Dougle-headed Eagle. Lamia played with 10 men from the 32nd minute after Kalenteroglou was sent-off.
- The first match in history between the two clubs took place on June 1972, when Lamia became the first time from the second tier to reach the semi-finals of the Greek Cup. PAOK won 2-0 at the Toumba with goals from Sarafis (48’) and Apostolidis (56’).
- February 6 1985 was the date of the first leg match in the Greek Cup Round of 16, with PAOK prevailing 6-0 at the Toumba with Papritsas (2), Diopoulos (2), Damanakis, and Iordanidis on target.