PAOK vs. NFC Volos: Facts & Figures
Ahead of PAOK’s Betsson Greek Cup Round of 16 clash against NFC Volos, paokfc.gr puts you in the picture about the background to the match, as well as a look back at our previous encounters against the Magnesia club just a few hours before the big kick-off.
- PAOK and Volos will face off for the first time in history in the Greek Cup. So far they have met in 11 league games, with the Double-headed Eagle winning 9 and the other 2 ending in draws.
- PAOK returns to the knockout stages of the Greek Cup after April 13, 2023, when they drew 1-1 with Lamia at the Toumba in the semi-finals, having already beaten them 5-1 in Lamia.
- PAOK’s last defeat in a knockout game in the Greek Cup was on June 24, 2020, in the semi-final against Olympiacos at the Karaiskakis Stadium, when the Reds won 2-0.
- Since then, PAOK have gone 18 matches without defeat, with a tally of 11 wins and 7 draws. The overall goal ratio in these games is 36-12, and they are spread over the last three seasons, since the elimination at the hands of Olympiacos was in the 2019-20 season, with PAOK having three consecutive finals.
- Against Volos, PAOK have 6 wins in their last 6 games without conceding a goal in 5 of those 6 matches. The last dropped points came on 17 October 2021 when the two teams drew 4-4 at the Toumba. The other loss of points was on September 26, 2020, in Volos, and that came in the only game between the two teams that ended goalless.