PAOK vs. NFC Volos: Facts & Figures
Ahead of PAOK’s Stoiximan Super League Matchday 6 clash against NFC Volos, paokfc.gr puts you in the picture about the background to the match, as well as a look back at our previous encounters against the Magnesia club just a few hours before the big kick-off.
- This is the 11th meeting between the two sides in the Super League, with PAOK remaining unbeaten with having eight wins and two draws against the team with the fewest top-flight appearances of all those in the league.
- PAOK had scored six goals against Volos in their first four home matches and then followed the impressive 4-4 draw at the Toumba. From then on, PAOK have usually managed to score a lot of goals scored against their opponents from Magnesia, since last year PAOKwon 3-0 in the regular season, and 4-2 in the Play Offs.
- Before the 4-4 draw PAOK usually had a lot of different scorers, with Dimitris Limnios being the first to find the net in the history of matches between the two clubs, before a host of other players over the years.
- In the impressive 4-4 draw, A.Zivkovic scored twice, while Akpom also found the net as he managed to scored in the match during the second round of games, a 4-0 victory in Volos. In this way, they became the first footballers to score against Volos more than once. A. Zivkovic is now the top scorer in the matches between them after he scored in the last home game against Volos in the regular season.
- For their part, Volos had failed to score in the first three matches against PAOK home and away, but on January 10, 2021 they opened the scoring at the Toumba with Kiakos (11′) and then conceded three goals (29′ Schwab – 66′ Ingason – 90′ Krmencik) to make the final score 3 -1.